Kali Linux is an open source project that is maintained and funded by Offensive Security, a provider of world-class information security training and penetration testing services.
In order to prepare a Kali template for use in CONS3RT, a few tweaks are necessary:
- Set as an “Ubuntu (64-Bit)” VM
- Follow these instructions when installing vmware tools: https://www.kali.org/docs/virtualization/install-vmware-tools-kali-guest/
- In “/etc/lsb-release” change:
- DISTRIB_ID=Kali to DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
- DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Kali GNU/Linux 2.0” to DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Ubuntu"
- Execute the following -
ln -s /etc/dhcp /etc/dhcp3
apt-get install xinetd
- run `and a vnc server (tigervnc-server should work)
PasswordAuthentication Yesin /etc/ssh/ssh_config
- Run template builder and continue template build as usual