Create a System Design by clicking the Add button next to Systems on the main menu. This builder allows you to design a virtual or physical host. Your System design will include:
- An Operating System (OS), a specific OS template, or a physical device
- Minimum number of CPUs
- Minimum Memory (RAM) in GB
- Minimum root volume disk size (up to 100 GB)
- The number and size of additional disks
- GPU requirements
- Nest virtualization requirements
Step 1: Select an Operating System
- To begin, click the Add button next to Systems on the main menu
- Select Virtual, Physical, or Template-Based
- For most cases, select Virtual. This option allows you to select a desired Operating System (OS) form the drop-down. Only Virtual systems are deployable across different cloud technologies.
- To select a specific OS template, select Template-Based. With this option, click on the Browse Templates button and select the specific OS template that you'd like to use. Only select this option if you need to force CONS3RT to select a specific custom-template at deploy time.
- To select a Physical host, select Physical, and click the Browse Machines button. CONS3RT opens a window with a drop-down to select the cloudspace where the physical machine is registered. When you select a cloudspace from the Drop-Down menu, CONS3RT displays a list of physical machines in the cloudspace. Click the physical machine that you would like to provision. Keep in mind, that each physical machine can only be used in one deployment run at a time.
- Add a Name and Description, then click Next
Step 2: System Settings
- Specify the minimum CPU, minimum RAM, and minimum Boot Disk Size using the sliders shown
- To add Additional Disks, click the Add Storage Disk button
- You may add up to 4 additional storage disks up to 1 TB each in size
- Note, additional disks must be configured on the OS using assets
- As desired, check the Requires vGPU? and/or Requires nested virtualization? checkboxes
- Only select the vGPU option if your Cloudspace is GPU-enabled.
- Click Next
Note: Some virtualization technologies cannot exactly match your system specifications. For example, AWS provides a pre-set list of instance types, each with a specification for CPU, RAM, and maximum number of network interfaces. In this case, CONS3RT selects the smallest instance type that matches your system specifications.
Step 3: Add Software Assets
- Click the Add Software button to add software assets to your System. This will bring you to the Software Asset page (Main Navigation Menu --> Software). Click the Include Community checkbox to show assets shared to your project. You can also use the search bar to find assets in the library.
- Click the + plus button to add a Software Asset to your System, or click on the asset, and click the Add to System Builder button at the top-right.
- When you are done adding Software Assets, click back to the System Builder icon at the top
- Click Next, until you are back to the Add Software Assets section
- At the Software Asset page, you can:
- Modify the software asset build order by dragging and dropping, or using the up/down arrows to move assets.
- Add Reboots after assets as desired by checking the Reboot system after installation? checkbox, and set a reboot delay if needed. See this article for more information about Reboots and Reboot Delay.
- Click Next
Step 4: Save your System
- Review your System Design, and click Finish
Step 5: Find your System
- From the main navigation menu, click Systems
- Under My Systems, your newly created System should be near the top of the page
- To find other users' systems, click Browse or use the search bar
Step 6: Add your System to a Scenario
- Click here for instructions on creating a Scenario